Friday, September 21, 2012

Gays and Gossip

Title got your attention?

Of course all types of people perform gossip. Yet I will not lie it seems very prominent in our happy little gay community on Second Life. While one may think there are many gay people on SL, it is actually relatively small. Most likely when you meet someone new he is already acquainted with one or more people from your friends list. I guess I could say that we are our own high school within the world of Second Life.

I noticed this when I took a break on my alt to explore. I kept my alt out of the gay community and did other activities. Granted there was drama but there seems to be much more options open if you choose not to restrict yourself to just gay sims and gay clubs. It was actually quite peaceful and now and then I log onto him to just rather enjoy the solace I get. I love exploring sims, and its easier done when doing it on an alt when no one is IMing you with crap like "Theres no DJ!" "We need dancers" "Yu so and so says you're a dick."

And there we go. It happens. Everywhere I go, every time I log onto Second Life or facebook I am hearing some sort of gossip. Sometimes it's not related to me at all. Usually if that happens I laugh it off, may pass it to my best friend but then leave it at that. I'm not huge on spreading gossip, I don't feel the need to tell everyone on my goddamn list. Yet other times it makes the full circle. So for example, I do or say something to someone. They get butt hurt and go to their circle and cry and whine what a bitch I am, of course since a lot gays can't keep their mouths shut, it comes back to me. Funny right?   I thought what is most funny is that after something so small, so insignificant caused such a huge fuss. Makes me wonder.

You must have a ton of time on your hands.

Or you just love me.

I think I might conclude that. If they all have time to talk about me, they must secretly love me. I am after all living rent-free inside their heads and hearts. I think what kills me the most, is the person who was so disturbed by what I said did not have the guts to tell me. Course, defriending me and crying about it is the more mature response? I guess I am one of the few people who like to be confronted. I like talking about things, even more so to clear up understands; but then again I will quote one of my most beloved "haters," who once said "It is fun to hate you." Well, there you go folks. I just wish they hate me to my face, that's more fun then childish gossip, right?

C'mon folks, this isn't gossip girl. Mmm though I do love me a Bass. And I am sure it would be easy for someone to make a blog and pick up the role of our own version....hmm. Yeah no.

Gossip is actually detrimental, to the weak minded. Personally I am not swayed by it. For instance someone close to me does not like one of my friends. Well, did not like, they eventually just got over a past tiff. (You see what happens when you just IM the prick?) But despite how he felt about my friend, I did not change my opinion. My friend didn't personally hurt me, why should I suddenly join his "hate" club when he did nothing to me?

Ahhhh...sadly again not everyone is like this. I have lost friends over gossip and misunderstandings. Then again nothing can be done when people are easily influenced by poison, and some people just relish in hate. I guess they will understand one day. When you surround yourself with poison and poisonous friends, you too become the same poison. Until you are burned by your so called friends, do you realize. Well lucky for some of my lost "friends" I have not betrayed their secrets or pasts to anyone, and not just because I'm such a good person...it's because I honestly don't give a fuck.

Your SL is your SL. Do what you want. Use your account how you want. Lie how you want. Obsess over the people you dislike.

 Just remember though, if you feel the need to gossip or hate on someone, try something different and actually IMing the person whom your lips keep talking about. I'm sure it'll be 10x more interesting than your coddle of friends saying "yeah" "that's right" "so true." Course, that might be asking some people to grow a pair, and I know for a fact THAT is asking for too much.

Until next time,

- Yu

{Mood: Waking up}
{Music: ONE OK ROCK 「アンサイズニア]}

No comments:

Post a Comment