Friday, September 7, 2012

Fearless in Pink

Has it been five days? I thought it was only a few. Oh well. I checked my blog status to see I have had 66 views. I have to give props to Spike on that I think. Yet oddly no comments or feedback. Even if your opinion is negative I'd love to hear it about it. Don't worry, I won't lose sleep over them. Haha.

Today's blog will be about well, assumptions, avatar style and my odd liking to pink. I don't just mean SL, I sport pink in RL like it's no ones business. Then again, I am part of a race where we can wear just about any color without being deemed "gay." My RL flame does not burn bright. People would have to have good gaydar or catch me slipping up in my speech, to know I am.

Now check this picture I took a few minutes ago:

There's my ass floating in my hot tub sporting my pink briefs and my pink heart glasses.
(Briefs are Ronsem and glasses are Kgs, currently available on a lucky board.)

I am proud to wear pink. I make it look good. Does this make me any more of a bitch? I'd like to think not but it really makes people assume what kind of person I am based on my avatar.  Sad fact is, I have this problem with my own community, the gay community.

Now be honest, how many people so far have looked at me  and immediately thought "twink" or "boi" or "bitch" etc. I cannot tell you how many IMs I have gotten in the past by some dominant master calling me by these terms. Of course being the even tempered person I am I respond by saying "BITCH YOU DON' KNOW ME!" ..Not really, but I do get snippy. You should never assume someone's role, sexual or not, based on looks alone. Course then I get the 'Well if you don't want to be treated like a twink, don't make your avatar look like one.' ..Seriously? I fashioned my avatar after my RL self. Because of my race I am skinny, not that tall and essentially do not have body hair. Yet do not mistake for a second that I'm going to just roll onto my stomach and take it.

I'm quite honestly tired of the stereotypes. But fine, if you want to assume I'm a bottom bitch..I can't stop you. It's the people that have the audacity to IM me. Especially masters. I don't judge you if you are in the D/S lifestyle, but do not put me in it. Not every gay man is willing to put a collar on, nor do they wish to own slaves. Usually people who are into that make it known via profiles or groups or tags. So yeah, I normally do flip a little when I get an IM of someone calling me a "boi". I'm a man dammit, and no less a stranger. I would never IM someone and be like "oh yeah baby, nice muscles, come tie me up." It sounds and looks ridiculous.

So lets think twice before we look at someone's appearance and go assuming. Cause I've seem some big bitches before and I am sure they don't appreciate being IMed all the time by "subs."

FYI. For all those curious, 
Though I receive, I also give, and I tear asses up. 


Next post will probably continue more of my history.

Until next time,

- Yu

3 comments:

  1. There is an immediacy in SL (and probably other online communities). Not everyone seems to take the time to get to know others before making these snap judgements based on a the appearance of a few pixels. I have had avatars of every variety over the (almost) six years I have been inworld and your fate is often decided by the time you have fully rezzed to those around you.

    By the way, having been involved in Gorean roleplay for quite a while, those "big bitches" are often the first ones on their knees screaming like little girls on Christmas Day at the first sight of a pixel cock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply! Yes it is quote ironic. Yet I don't judge them. Let them do them. I do me. Just don't try to throw me into any kind of role.

      Delete